By Dr. Anju Sodhi (BAMS, ND)
Easy Chicken Korma
Makes 4 servings
- 1 T canola oil
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp prepared garlic, ginger, chilli
- 50 g korma paste
- 300 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 x 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400 g can coconut milk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 x 500 g pack chicken breasts
- curry leaves, fried, to garnish (optional)
- Slivered Almond to garnish (optional)
1. Fry the onions, garlic, ginger and chilli in the canola oil over a low heat for 2 minutes, or until softened and translucent.
2. Add the korma paste and cherry tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, then add the chopped tomatoes and coconut milk.
Simmer for 10–15 minutes, then season to taste.
Add a pinch of sugar if necessary to balance the acidity.
3. Heat the chicken in the curry sauce or in a separate pan. Heat the rice and serve. Garnish with curry leaves.
Serve with Prepared Rice
Quinoa Salad with leeks. tomato, kale, cilantro, cumin and lemon juice.
Bitter Melon Sauteed with olive oil and onion.
Vegetable & Lentil Soup with Carrot and Ginger.
Chicken & Fenugreek Leaves recipe
Black Chickpeas or Chana, with ginger and cumin seeds.