Pain syndromes can be divided into two basic categories: Acute pain and Chronic pain.
Acute pain is a sudden onset of pain that results from an injury or trauma. It is conventionally treated using pain-killers and rest. At the Ayurvedic & Naturopathic Medical clinic, we recognize the importance of enhancing the healing mechanism of the body to induce a natural relief from acute pain. Our strategies include contrast hydrotherapy, heat compress, electrical stimulation, as well as herbal anti-inflammatory and pain modulation. For your recovery process, we provide stretching and exercises to restore function, strength, and maintain natural mobility of the area affected.
Chronic pain may result from a variety of underlying mechanisms. Chronic pain syndromes may be related to old injuries that didn’t heal well; including falls, accident, traumas, and surgeries. Scarring and uncontrolled inflammation from these injuries can trigger a pain loop in the central nervous system. This may result in generalized pain syndromes that may not seem related to the original injury.
Our doctors provide comprehensive strategies to heal the root cause.
- Panchakarma therapy is a complete detox program that can eliminate the burden of inflammatory signaling molecules, promote cellular cleansing, and induce healing from the root of disease. Panchkarma can help to establish a new baseline of health and well-being that is sustained by dietary, lifestyle, and herbal therapies.
- Trigger-point injection therapy is used to effectively reduce nerve agitation at the location of the tender-points of the body. This helps to break the feedback look which promotes chronic pains in and around the area of the trigger point.
- Physical therapy includes:
- Use of heating compress to promote muscle relaxation;
- Use of electrical stimulation to promote elimination of toxins in muscles;
- Use of muscle energy techniques to restore function length of muscle tissue;
- Use of naturopathic spinal and joint manipulation to restore structure alignment of the skeletal system.
- External basti
- Basti is the process of creating an oil dam on the affected area of the body.
- This can be done one the location of the pain:
- Low back
- Knees and other joints.