By Dr. Anju Sodhi (BAMS, ND)
HEALTHY SAAG RECIPE
Makes 4 servings
- 16 oz Fresh Spinach (1 pound)
- ¾ Cup Water
- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Yellow Onion (diced)
- 2 Garlic (Minced)
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 ½ tsp Garam Marsala
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Real Salt
- 2 Fresh Tomatoes (pureed)
- 6 oz Paneer Cheese (cubed) – or could sub favorite meat of choice, such as cooked chicken or lamb
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Milk
- Place spinach leaves and water in a saucepan and cover with a lid. Bring to a simmer and cook until leaves are tender. Transfer spinach and remaining water to a blender. Puree spinach until smooth and set aside in a small bowl.
- Puree the fresh tomato until smooth. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add the onion and saute for 2-3 minutes, or until soft and translucent. Add the garlic, ginger, garam masala, cumin, and salt, and saute for another minute.
- Pour in the tomato puree and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the spinach puree, paneer, and coconut, stir gently, and cook for another 5 minutes on medium heat. Check seasonings and add more salt, if desired.
Quinoa Salad with leeks. tomato, kale, cilantro, cumin and lemon juice.
Bitter Melon Sauteed with olive oil and onion.
Vegetable & Lentil Soup with Carrot and Ginger.
Chicken & Fenugreek Leaves recipe
Black Chickpeas or Chana, with ginger and cumin seeds.