Panchkarma is an ancient cleansing and rejuvenating program. It has been used for many centuries in Ayurvedic Medicine. It has been offered at our clinic by trained Ayurvedic and Board Certified and Licensed Naturopathic physicians since 1989.
Stress, environmental pollutants, poor lifestyle choices, and genetic pre-disposition create a toxic load on the body that, if left in the body, can result in poor health and chronic disease. PanchKarma reverses this degenerative process. PK is a deep cleansing process that affects the whole person on all levels; physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. The treatments are deeply relaxing and the healing effects can be both subtle and profound.
Our clinic has conducted the PK program with excellent results for health maintenance and complementary therapy for:
- Cancer patient of chemo and radiation treatments
- Various forms of arthritis
- Autoimmune diseases
- Chronic fatigue
- Heart disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Bronchial asthma
- Patient recovering from trauma of an accident
The program is thorough and spread over the course of 10 weeks in order to promote gradual and lasting change in health, habits, and behavior of the individual. This promotes sustainability and effectiveness of our treatment. Here’s all that is included:
- Stage 1: Ten preparatory cleansing treatments
- Stage 2: Physician evaluation for individualized regimen
- Stage 3: Physician supervised fasting and purging
- Stage 4: Four more preparatory cleansing treatments
- Stage 5: Four colon cleansing treatments – Ayurvedic Basti
- Stage 6: Maintenance phase
Additional services available:
- Shirodhara – A deeply soothing and rejuvenating treatment for the mind and nervous system. Therapeutic administration of a warm gentle stream of fluid over the head while lying in comfortable position.
- Therapeutic massage – Ayurvedic massage performed by two therapists who apply synchronized strokes to create a balancing effect on the nervous system, blood and lymph circulation, as well as energy flow.
- 1 on 1 Coaching, Guidance, Mentoring:
- Ayurvedic Yogic Therapy – For therapeutic yoga postures, stretches, breathing methods, and meditation. Your program designed for your comfort level and skill.
- Health Advocate – Support on how to integrate physicians comprehensive recommendations regarding diet and lifestyle in a practical way into your daily life.