By Dr. Anju Sodhi (BAMS, ND)
Chicken & Fenugreek Leaves
- 1 pound boneless chicken
- One small onion or half of a big one
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 to 2 tomatoes, chopped
- One bunch fenugreek or methi leaves, chopped
- Green chilies *optional
- Heat coconut oil and add cumin seeds, coriander powder, garam masala, and red & green chilies
- Grind onion, ginger, and garlic in food processor to create a paste
- Sauté the spices in oil for a minute, and then add the paste
- Sauté on low heat for 8 to 10
- Add chopped tomato and salt: sauté for 2 to 3 min
- Add chicken and sauté for 10 minutes
- Add chopped fenugreek leaves and cook 5 to 10 minutes
- Serve with quinoa
Quinoa Salad with leeks. tomato, kale, cilantro, cumin and lemon juice.
Bitter Melon Sauteed with olive oil and onion.
Vegetable & Lentil Soup with Carrot and Ginger.
Black Chickpeas or Chana, with ginger and cumin seeds.
Amaranth Cereal recipe with cardon and coconut milk, chopped almonds, fresh fruit as desired