By Dr. Anju Sodhi (BAMS, ND)
Lentils (Masoor Dal Whole)
- One cup of lentils
- 4 cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 to 3 cloves
- One clove garlic
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- Half of a chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon ghee or olive oil
- One bunch parsley
- Take one cup of the lentils and place them in a stainless steel pressure cooker.
- Wash at least three times with water, and finally put 4 cups of water in the cooker, add turmeric, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Let it cook until develop steam pressure cooker or 5 to 6 whistles of pressure cooker.
- Turn off the burner and wait until all the pressure is released. In a separate pan, add oil or ghee.
- Put in the cumin, chopped ginger and clove of garlic.
- Let these ingredients fry until the oil is separated, then add chopped tomato, then add lentil.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves.
Bitter Melon Sauteed with olive oil and onion.
Vegetable & Lentil Soup with Carrot and Ginger.
Chicken & Fenugreek Leaves recipe
Black Chickpeas or Chana, with ginger and cumin seeds.
Amaranth Cereal recipe with cardon and coconut milk, chopped almonds, fresh fruit as desired