By Dr. Anju Sodhi (BAMS, ND)
Sautéed Bitter Melon
- Peel bitter melon lightly if desired, and cut it into round pieces
- Rub some salt on it, and leave for one hour
- Rinse the bitter melon and let it dry, and dry on a paper towel
- Add oil to the pan and sauté bitter melon for 5 to 7 minutes
- Add chopped onion and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and red chili *optional
- Add mango powder at the end
- Serve with gluten-free or whole-grain bread
Quinoa Salad with leeks. tomato, kale, cilantro, cumin and lemon juice.
Vegetable & Lentil Soup with Carrot and Ginger.
Chicken & Fenugreek Leaves recipe
Black Chickpeas or Chana, with ginger and cumin seeds.
Amaranth Cereal recipe with cardon and coconut milk, chopped almonds, fresh fruit as desired